Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Vánoce

I hope everyone had a nice Holiday. Here's a picture my brother's Czech host family from 4 years ago sent us. That carp is a Czech Christmas tradition.

We spent Christmas with my aunt, uncle, and grandma in Hilsborro this year. On the way up we stopped at a Burgerville and played "Gingerbread" by Frankie Avalon on a juke box, I wonder how many times that had been played on it. We had a traditional Christmas eve dinner of matzo balls and latkes, and watched Talledega Nights and Little Miss Sunshine. Christmas day was pretty low key and relaxing, I don't think I went outside once. In the way of presents, I did pretty well, some of my favorite things were a great new record player (my old one busted, the piece of shit, oh well, it was free) a tambourine, Treacherous Three and Girls in the Garage vol.11 records, A 250 GB hard drive, a neat Andy Warhol tote bag (perfect size for records), and a swell knit hat. The Holidays went by so fast, man!

Now I have the rest of my break, which seems to be going fairly quickly as well. There's a party I was invited to on Friday, but I'm not sure I want to be the only underclassman there. I was going to have a New Years Eve party with some friends, but now it might just be a January 4th party, so I might dress up and go to see the Rocky Horror picture show at the Avalon. Other than that, I don't have much to do over the break. Oh, and speaking of dressing up, I got this horrible dress for $3 at the Dig. It reminds me of a really poorly dressed Go-Go dancer. I like dressing up in it and playing the tambourine to the Girls in the Garage on my awesome retro record player.
Lovingly yours, Cielle

P.S. OINK has a cool deal, where you can download all the shit you want, and it won't effect your ratio, I'm going hog wild!

No comments: