Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Years.

The last day of 2006 everyone! I have 3 new years resolutions for 2007 (putting them online is a good idea, now I might actually be able to find my list next year): 1. Be more passive (I get worked up too easily)
2. Read at least 20 non-school books (this seems low, but i really don't read as much as I should)
3. Enjoy 2007


I'm dressing up and going to see Rocky Horror Picture Show with a few friends, I'm excited.
Here are a few dumb things to do for New Years Eve:
1. Hold a piece of silver or gold at the stroke of midnight to bring good fortune
2. Bang bread on the walls to chase out bad luck and bring good spirits (Irish tradition)

3. Set off fireworks and bang pots and pans

4. Jump up and down so you grow tall (Philippines)

5. Eat 12 grapes [1 for each month] (In Spain)

6. Eat anything in the shape of a circle to bring wealth (the South)
7. or just get really shit faced.

Have a good one!
Lovingly yours, Cielle

No comments: